Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Handmade Gift Exchange!

Craftaholics Anonymous hosted their semi-annual Handmade Gift Exchange in June. I was matched with Mary from Redo 101. We exchanged emails and I didn't have a blog at the time so I sent her to check out my Pinterest account. ( Don't you just love that site?! I'm addicted) Anyways, back to the exchange..She sent me these lovely letters that spell home and she mod podged maps of my town and surrounding cities.


I love, love, love them! My husband does too! He unwrapped mostly everything before I had a chance! I checked out her blog, and saw she liked chickens, and cherries, and the color red. So chickens, cherries, and red were running through my mind! I went to the thrift store shortly after we exchanged emails and I found 3, yes 3 mind you, pedestal bases. I was thrilled, because I've been seeing them all over blog land and I couldn't find a one! I painted one maroon.


On that same thrift store trip I found a cute little chicken with a clothespin attached to hold recipes! I was on a roll! I sanded him, and also painted him maroon. Also added a hook on the back in case Mary wanted to hang him.

I know, he his not painted in this picture! Bad, bad, blogger! Give me a break, I'm a newbie! Hopefully Mary will have some better pics! ;)
I also sent this Uncle Sam hat.


It was quite a journey for my gift to get to her, but I'm glad it's there now! Linking this up! I hope, I think, I'm trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment